"Be sure to put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.”
– Abraham Lincoln
Founder – Corday & Hartney, PLC
MICHAEL T. HARTNEY, ESQ.
Michael devotes his practice exclusively to advising individuals, entrepreneurs, professionals, startup and early stage ventures and mature businesses in corporate, business and transactional matters, including entity formation, corporate governance, contracts, and equity and asset sales and acquisitions.
Michael acts as outside general counsel for a number of businesses which don’t need or want a full-time attorney on staff.
Michael takes a practical approach in helping resolve his clients’ issues and problems, knowing that focusing on the important issues and getting the job done efficiently results in high client satisfaction.
Raised in Chicago and Connecticut, Michael has lived in San Diego since 1981. He is an avid cyclist and enthusiastic golfer.
- Entity formation including LLCs and corporation
- Corporate Law, compliance and governance
- Shareholder and Buy-Sell Agreement
- Sales, mergers and acquisitions of businesses, including assets and equity
- Outside general counsel services
- Business transactions and contracts
- State Bar of California | 1984
- University of San Diego School of Law, Juris Doctor | 1984
- University of Illinois, Champaign, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science | 1981